Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Guess what?!?!?

I was out for dinner with Jerome prior to our salsa dance class tonight. We were sitting in a booth at the Elephant and Castle Pub downtown peering out of the large window at the street view.

As we were chatting and people watching, an older man stopped in front of the window after being approached by a panhandler. He dug deep into his pockets and produced some coins, dropping them into the other man's hands with a lovely grin on his face.


Leonard Cohen is such a nice man.

I am so glad he didn't look in our direction, as my mouth fell to the floor. It was strange because, he is just a man, like any other, and he looked so small in stature to what one would imagine an icon to be.

I watched as the other man stumbled across the street completely unaware of who just gave him some change.

I wanted to run up to him and say "Hey, I'll give you five bucks for that quarter."

___________________________________________________________________

Well, Leonard, I will be in row 39 on the floor tomorrow night at your concert, so just wink so I know that you read this. You are a very nice man.


No comments:

Post a Comment