Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The F word

About ten years ago I was an avid cross-stitcher. I made wedding, baby and retirement announcements, and even country kitchen motifs. Then I developed some taste...

Seriously, I was sick and tired of the kitschy look and really, if I wasn’t going to hang it in my house I shouldn’t expect someone else to hang it in theirs. Let alone ADMIT that I had lovingly created it!

So I put down my needle, friends, and called it quits to cross-stitch.

Until I discovered Subversive Cross Stitch: 35 Designs for Your Surly Side by Julie Jackson, doesn’t it sound simply naughty? Basically, it’s cross-stitch with an edge; raunchy, ballsy, ruthless cross-stitch. Girl, we were separated at birth.




Oh yes, I have picked up my needle again. The mother ship has landed!




A dear friend is turning 30 soon and I can’t wait to stitch the word ‘fuck’ for her!

Cause that’s how much I care...


#@%&!!

No comments:

Post a Comment