Saturday, May 2, 2009

I thought Saturdays were for relaxing?

I am spinning my wheels today.

We went to a birthday breakfast this morningfor Henry ( my sister’s father-in-law). The whole family was there.

I love to tease my nephew, Mason, who is turning nine this summer. I always ask what his girlfriend’s name is and he scrunches up his face.

I decided to be ‘good’ and just asked “What’s new?”

“Well,” he commented rather seriously, “I had a shower today”.

I was meaning in a broader sense.

The remainder of the breakfast involved a highly detailed conversation with a five year old, Raya who does not believe in Santa Claus and just needed to get that off her chest. She did however confide in me that she does not tell this to the other children her age because she knows this will disappoint them.She was quite the conversationalist.

Then straight to kick boxing where Jerome , who ate a little too much, was worried of the consequences. He was fine. Our instructor recently won the featherweight woman’s championship of the world. Yes, the WORLD.

She is one tough cookie, but she makes you want to work hard for her, except for when you are plotting her death because she just doesn’t let up.

On our way home, I notice a neighbour working in her yard. I walked over to introduce myself and ask about her stacking stones (which we are planning to do in our yard). Well, I think I have found a friend. Her son plays with Ryan on his school soccer team. She saw Leonard Cohen the other night and has tickets to Fleetwood Mac in June (just like us)....She’s a keeper. I wonder if she knits?

Have you seen the latest
potato-head commercial?

Gotta go, off to the garden centre then another birthday bash!

No comments:

Post a Comment