Sunday, June 7, 2009

And then she twirled...

I know it has been a while blog-lookers, yet these last two weeks have been rather strained. A man dear to me has been in the hospital with heart problems. He is like a second father to me and I have been spending much time there. Things are looking up for his health as he is scheduled to go home tomorrow.

Now,

My favourite Fleetwood Mac song is “Silver Springs”, replacing my original fav “Landslide” which lost its number one ranking due to the Dixie Chicks version. How unfortunate.

I have always loved Stevie Nicks, I remember watching her on TV when I was nine and wanting to be just like her.... minus the cocaine addiction and relationship stuff. To me, she was everything a woman should be; sexy, talented and let’s not forget a snappy dressy. She had her own unique style with confidence to pull it off. I would shut my bedroom door and twirl and twirl (just like Stevie) until I felt nauseous, which would not take long since I could get carsick whenever I rode in the back seat of a car.

So, yesterday I saw Stevie Nicks in concert (with Fleetwood Mac of course). We had possibly two of THE worst seats in the house, as nose bleed as a seat can get, but I didn’t mind. There she was on the jumbo screen. I commented to Jerome how wonderful she looked and he burst my bubble with “Yeah, but what does she look like up close”.

Three weeks ago they were performing in Vancouver and Stevie only did half the show due to illness, but she was in full form last night. She did twirl, in case you were wondering, managed a mere six costume changes throughout the evening and sounded amazing. She still looks super hot for a 60 year old.


The last song they finished with was “Don't Stop”, which Jerome successfully predicted, or so he thought. He wanted to get a jump on the crowd so he asked if we could leave before the end of the song. We were walking toward the exit doors and I asked him if he thought that was it, “Would they come back for another song?” I wondered. We waited as the lights were not turning on....and then it happened.....

Silver Springs.
So...

I just gave him one of my looks, as I often do, turned around and ran back to the nearest entrance. Jerome apologized and was a tad stunned that they ended the show this way.

Well of course they did, Stevie knows it’s my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment